My workshops are built around a simple loop:
- Present the code or design.
- Do You see a problem with it?
- Define the problem.
- Define the simplest and best value to effort step You can take.
- Is it OK now? If no, go back to point 3.
This approach doesn’t teach definitions but a way of analyzing and applying solutions to the problem. What attendees learn can be used not only in a brand new greenfield project but everywhere.
Key qualities of my workshops:
- Very hands on heavy.
- My goal is for attendees to understand the problem and the path to the solution. Not just to teach empty definitions.
- Individual approach to each attendee.
- Solving real-life problems.
- Applicability of gained knowledge.
Didn’t see a workshop that You might be interested in? Write to me.
Q: Why Your workshops last 3 days?
A: From my experience, this is the optimum length. That said, most workshops can be scaled down to two days by limiting the scope. I recommend a 3-day option.
Q: Can we do a 3-day workshop in 2 days or less?
A: The group dictates the workshop paste. If they solve the exercises in groundbreaking time, I have additional ones ready. My goal is to teach people, not just check off topics. This takes some time.
Q: Why do you have so little theory? Isn’t explaining something better than tacking it head first?
A: The fact that I have so little lecture time doesn’t mean that I don’t give the theoretical background. I just don’t do it in a form of a lecture. There are better ways and I’m using them.