This is the first part of a series discussing job scheduling and Hangfire details:
- part 1 - Why schedule and procrastinate jobs?
- part 2 - Overview of Hangfie
- part 3 - Scheduling and Queuing jobs in Hangfire
- part 4 - Dashboard, retries and job cancellation
- part 5 - Job continuation with ContinueWith
- part 6 - Recurring jobs and cron expressions
This is a post about the importance of not doing stuff right here and right now. About doing stuff later, delaying them and in a perfect world making someone else do them. But I will still stick to IT, don’t expect any life tips or guidance.
A mindset I see constantly in system design is doing the right thing right now, and even more stuff after that. Like sending an email, doing a REST call, performing some CPU intense calculations, calling an external resource. We are doing those things where they should be from the logical point of view. So, if we are given a task like registering an user that sound more or less like that:Continue reading...